Dad can be hard to shop for. Either he already has everything he wants, or he selflessly doesn’t mention what he wants. At the Battle Creek Gift Shop, we’ll help you find a cool gift for dad.
We’re the home for hand-cut half dollar coin puzzles. These gifts are great for people who have everything. They offer a great puzzle challenge. They are cut in 21 pieces. We even have a silver coin one from 1969 in the store for $25.99. We also have half dollar puzzles from non-silver coins for $19.99.
If dad is a coin collector, we also have 2 uncut silver half dollars in the store right now for $4.99 each.
Our store also stocks many types of knives, including:
- Hunting knives
- Pocket knives
- Rescue knives
- Throwing knives and Ninja stars
- Costume swords and daggers
Stop by the store and pick him out a new knife like this Buck fixed blade with hard shell sheath, push dagger, or Made in the USA lockback knife from Gerber.
Our store also has engraving services. Depending on the material of the knife that you pick out, we might be able to put a name on it. You can also bring in your items and have us engrave them. We can also use our laser engraver/cutter to make custom car stickers.
Visit the store at 1778 W. Columbia Ave. and you might get a great Father’s Day gift.
Even if you’re planning on taking your mother out for brunch or dinner (hint, hint!) it’s good to have a gift in hand too. At the Battle Creek Gift Shop, we’ve got a variety of items that would appeal to women on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Top 10 Gift List
- Copper Butterfly wall art – Made from UP copper, these butterflies will add whimsy and natural beauty to your mom’s decor. And she’ll think of you every time she sees it on the wall.
- Copper Michigan heart – It’s a wall hanger featuring the Great Lakes state inside a heart. This one is Michigan made of UP copper too.
- Momma Bear car sticker – Recognize her love that is as big as a large animal with a cute sticker. It’ll help her spot her car in parking lots too.
- Hand-cut coin key chain – These unique items are handmade in Battle Creek. They’re cut from half dollar or dollar coins and come in many styles, including horse, deer, four-leaf clover, and Lady Liberty.
- Soy candles – We hand pour our candles from 100% soy wax, and we’ve got dozens of wonderful scents available.
- Gerber compact multi tool – Your mom has fixed a million problems for you since you were born. Give her a multi tool that will help her keep performing at an awesome level – and it fits in her purse.
- Filet knife – we’ve got some fine filet knives at the store. These knives are almost indispensable in the kitchen. The narrow sharp blades make short work of slicing meat, poultry, and fish.
- Skinning knife – Many ladies partake of the hunt and process their own food. Give mom a new skinning life so that she can easily prepare the bounty of the land.
- Petoskey stone necklaces – We’ve got Petoskey stone pendants in the shape of the Mitten or a frog. Most moms like jewelry.
- Petoskey stone heart magnet – These heart-shaped magnets will remind her how much you appreciate her every time she looks at the refrigerator. Keep in mind, we could engrave a message on these stones to make it extra special.
At the Battle Creek Gift Shop, you’ll find many affordable choices and unique items. We’re located at 1778 W. Columbia Ave and open Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Score some points with mom this Mother’s Day with a personalized gift. The laser engraver at the Battle Creek Gift Shop can put a message, design, or image on many types of items with flat or nearly flat surfaces.
- Enhance a framed photo with a message engraved on the glass over the picture.
- Create a custom refrigerator magnet with a message or an image of a favorite item like an owl, mushroom, dolphin, etc.
- Have us design and cut a custom car sticker.
- Customize a mirror. We can take the glass out of a framed mirror as long as long as the glass is under 12″ by 18″ and cut words and images into the back of the glass.
- Engrave a name or design on a knife or gun.
Let us hear about your ideas, and we’ll try and make it happen. Call the store during store hours or stop by Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Battle Creek Gift Shop is located at 1778 W. Columbia Ave. on the corner of 28th Street.
I don’t know the origin of the white elephant gift exchange or why it’s called a white elephant, but the concept allows a group of people – often co-workers – to have a gift-giving party that only requires participants to buy one gift.
Usually a budget is set of $10, $15, or $20 for gifts. To start the game, people draw numbers with slips of paper. For example, if 12 people are playing, everyone gets a number 1 through 12. The first person gets to select any package from the pool of gifts. The person has to keep this gift for now, but the next person to play will have the option to select an unopened gift or steal the gift opened by the first person. The game goes on until everyone opens or steals a present. When someone has a present stolen that person can steal or open another gift. The person in the number 1 position gets a chance to steal after the last person completes a turn.
Typically, participants set the rule that a gift can only be stolen twice before it goes out of play and stays with the final person to get it.
When shopping for a gift for your white elephant party, you must decide which approach to take. Your options are:
- Enter a gift that will be valued by participants and promote stealing. Good gift candidates that will erase sensitivities between friends, spouses, and co-workers are alcohol, desserts, and gift certificates.
- Enter a gift that is unappealing. The recipient will likely get stuck with it because no one will steal it. Such items should be worthy of open derision both from the recipient and those lucky enough not to open it. The recipient might enhance festivities by pitching the merits of the proverbial lump of coal and trying to entice someone to take it. When entering a gift like this in the game, you’re hoping that someone you don’t like will get it.
- Enter a gift that most people will consider nice. It might not promote squabbling but getting stuck with it won’t scar anybody.
The Battle Creek Gift Shop has many items that would fall into any of these categories. The status of the gift would depend on the recipient. A small alligator head might delight one person while disappointing another. We’re sure, however, that anyone would love to get a decorative costume dagger, and it’s hard to go wrong with a lovely scented soy candle. Our store has many gifts under $20 such as handcuffs, thumbcuffs, facemasks, Petoskey stones, coin art, paracord, emergency rations, knives, and shemagh scarves.
The store is located at 1778 W. Columbia Ave. We’re open daily through the holidays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.